Saturday, April 17, 2010

Lets all have a tea party!


Today was the Unbirthday Tea for Sheri and it was awesome! It was a lot of work but worth it! I just wanted to upload some pictures of the food and decorations that we made.

This is my attempt at recreating the cupcakes from my previous post. I think they turned out pretty cute, I'd like to try them again sometime.


I was planning on cutting down a whole bunch of these beautiful apricot blossoms from our trees to decorate. Yesterday they were gorgeous, but apparently last night it was very windy and they all blew away! So this morning I ran to a flower wholesale store and purchased a few different kinds of flowers to arrange. We made 3 vases to put around and then we filled teacups with flowers to use as centerpieces. They turned out pretty cute! Check them out:



I love this last picture because of how happy sheri is in the background, Happy Unbirthday Sheri!

For our dishes we used an assortment of teacups and saucers. I really wanted all the cups and saucers to be a matching pair but for each table setting to have a different one than the person next to them. It was a really fun way to get the conversation moving, everyone was comparing their cups and picking out their favorites.


These are the delicious orange-cranberry english scones that I made.

Super easy petit fours, I made them by cutting small shapes out of angel food cake and then coating them with a yummy almond glaze.

For something savory we made two kinds of tea sandwiches. This is not the best picture but they turned out really cute and yummy! One is cucumber sandwiches with dill and lemon and the other is a vadailia onion sandwich with parsley, salt and pepper. Yum Yum!


For the tea, I thought it would be best to serve it buffet style and let everyone serve themselves. It seemed like the easiest way to keep water for 30 hot without me running around the whole time. We borrowed this hot drink dispenser and set out a variety of caffeine free teas and some lemon. There was cream and sugar at each table too!


I wanted to provide some cold water as well. I found these cute containers at wal-mart for 5 bucks each. The orange one has lemon and orange slices in the ice water, the pink is plain ice water and the green is cucumber and mint water. The cucumber water was a big hit! Very refreshing.

So after all this I started thinking, why don't we have people over for tea more often! It was so much fun and I really want to start having them more often. I just have to think up more reasons!


1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a blast! You truly are Martha Stewart! ;)

    ReplyDelete